6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2011 2:28 PM by neilblue

New System Configuration

neilblue

Hello again

I'd like to throw out to you all my second attempt at a new system configuration. The first one was shot full of holes and I've learned a lot so please don't be gentle if their is something wrong with it. As before this system will be used for work with CS5 mainly for video editing and general computer work. Will be running Win7 64-bit and more than likely going to overclock the system somewhat. I would also like to know more about the Winfast PxVC1100 card. Has anyone used this card, and what do they think of it (is it work the money)? From what I have read it is capable of working in conjunction with CUDA. I realize that the LeadTek website only states the plug-in is for CS4 but I would imagine an updated version would be following.

Case:                                                         Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W

Motherboard:                                              Asus Sabertooth X58

CPU:                                                         Intel Core i7 950

Memory 1:                     Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3-1600 (CMP12GX3M3A1600C9)

Hard drive 1:(OS/Programs ICH10R)            WD VelociRaptor 300GB WD3000HLFS

Hard drive 2: (Cache, RAID 0 Marvell)          WD 1TB Caviar Black WD1002FAEX

Hard drive 3: (Cache, RAID 0 Marvel)          WD 1TB Caviar Black WD1002FAEX

Hard drive 4: (Files, RAID 5 ICH10R)           WD 1TB Caviar Black WD1002FAEX

Hard drive 5: (Files, RAID 5 ICH10R)          WD 1TB Caviar Black WD1002FAEX

Hard drive 6: (Files, RAID 5 ICH10R)          WD 1TB Caviar Black WD1002FAEX

Hard drive 7: (Files, RAID 5 ICH10R)          WD 1TB Caviar Black WD1002FAEX

Optical drive 1: (SATA ICH10R)                 Liteon IHBS212 Bluray Writer

Graphics card:                                         Gigabyte GeForce GTX 470 Super Overclock

Video Transcoding                                   WinFast PxVC1100 with CRI Dual-CS Encoder

Storage: (Automatic Backup)                    Samsung Story 2TB USB3 Drive External

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Jason