7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2013 1:43 PM by Slav Alex's

Why Flash Pro SC5 creates multiple copies of images?

Slav Alex's

Hello.

I load images into my .xfl project and use them amond movie clips - everything is ok at beginning. But after a some moment (which is absolutely undefined) Flash Professional CS5 starts duplicating all of them at saving and new copies names with "Copy 1", "Copy 2" and so one, or just with blank string. Because Flash duplicates them EACH saving, so after a several savings Flash refuse to save at all (shows "Too big project ..." error).

Why does it happend?

• 1. Re: Why Flash Pro SC5 creates multiple copies of images?
          *Q Level 3

Hi Slav Alex,

Can you still reproduce this issue consistently? If yes, please email your sample .fla file to us at <removed by moderator>. Please also include the exact steps necessary to reproduce the problem. Our email filter does not allow .zip files; therefore, make sure to change your attachment extension to .zzz if you are sending in .zip format.

By the way, did you install the CS5 Updater? If you're not sure, please check the version number listed in our About Box. The about box is located in Flash's Help menu under About Adobe Flash Professional CS5. In the first line you will see a string of number that starts with 11.

Thanks,

Quynh

Flash QE

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Why Flash Pro SC5 creates multiple copies of images?
            Slav Alex's Level 1

I updated from 11.0.0 to 11.0.2 and it seems fixed (we'll see ).

Anyway, adobe's site says about this update: "This Flash Professional update includes several fixes to improve the  opening of some legacy files and correctly saving them in the new XFL  format for Flash Professional CS5.".

Thanks for help!

• 4. Re: Why Flash Pro SC5 creates multiple copies of images?
              Slav Alex's Level 1

I don't know what is it need to reproduce.

e.g. now I worked for several hours and saved (and published) it for multiple times for my FlashDevelop AS3 project - and everything worked well, but at some moment (before which I did not do any weird stuff) after saving all image files (inside "Library" dialog) became duplicated. So all subsequent savings will duplicate images too.

I posted my project to e-mail.

• 5. Re: Why Flash Pro SC5 creates multiple copies of images?
                Slav Alex's Level 1

Seems like .fla format (instead of .xfl) works properly.

• 6. Re: Why Flash Pro SC5 creates multiple copies of images?
                  *Q Level 3

Thanks for the quick response. I'm sorry that you're running into this issue. I'll investigate to see if I can reproduce what you are seeing.

I noticed that your timeline is blank (no layer, no frame). Would you happen to remember when that started happening? There should always be at least one layer on the main timeline. Your document is in a corrupt state so you will continue to run into this issue even with the updated version (11.0.2). Try copying your assets in the library to a new AS3 document and let me know if you can reproduce this issue.

• 7. Re: Why Flash Pro SC5 creates multiple copies of images?
                    Slav Alex's Level 1

Windows 7; Adobe Flash Professional CS5 11.0.2.489;
                    Still the same:  all images in my .xfl project become duplicated at some reasons  (sometimes at saving, sometimes just when I select deselect items within  "Library" dialog).
                    Last time: I created new movie clip, putted image onto it, applied  image's coordinates (using "Tab" button to switch between "x" and "y"  coordinates - if it will be important), deselected image (by clicking on  movie clip's background) and then pressed Ctrl+S to save the whole  project - and there it is - all images were duplicated (new ones had  blank names) but some was triplicated (if say so) - duplicates of which  still had blank names and triplicates nad names like "Копия 4" which is,  translating from russian, "Copy 4" (where "4" is one of increasing  numbers from 1 within it's folder).
                    If such duplicating already happened: some movie clips will have  duplicated images on it, so if to remove duplicated images - these movie  clips will become "naked" (without images); all duplicated images show 0  "usage counter" but if to just click once on movie click on which some  image used (shown, putted...) - just that one image will show 1 "usage  counter" - if to select other movie clip previous image will show "0"  again but new one (which is on just newly clicked movie clip) will show  "1" and so on...