2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2011 2:54 PM by Rusty Pietrzak

Time marker jumps to start of video-can I change that?

Rusty Pietrzak

When I add a new shot to the timeline and play it, then hit the spacebar, the time marker jumps all the way back to the beginning of my project and starts playing- VERY annying! I have to stop the playback, then scroll through the timeline back to the shot I was working on. Is this some kind of "default" that I can change

Rusty

Windows 7 Home Premium

i7-860 16 GB Ram

Nvidia GXT 470 card

• 1. Re: Time marker jumps to start of video-can I change that?
          SFL46 Level 3

The problem that you are having is that the spacebar is a key board short cut for "PLAY."  When the cursor gets to the end of the timeline, it starts over at the beginning.

If you chose not to use this keyboard shortcut, you can customize the keyboard shortcuts to delete this shortcut.

The work around I prefer is to place a black video clip beyond the end of the timeline.  This gives you time to repress the spacebar to stop the playback before it resets to the beginning.  If you use insert for additions to the timeline, this black video clip will move forward by itself, saving you the need to do this..

• 2. Re: Time marker jumps to start of video-can I change that?
            Rusty Pietrzak Level 1

Thank you! I only have one shot and end titles to finish this project,

video-wise, so I'm going to use your suggestion of placing a black video segment

farther down in the timeline- plenty of time to stop playback before it "loops"

back to the beginning!

Rusty Pietrzak