1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 11, 2011 4:07 PM by Harm Millaard

laptop hardware help

kitten with a mitten

getting a new laptop for premiere/after effects I have a budget of 2000$ and i need some one to post some specs also I have a question. is a dual core better than a quad core i7. also I want a nvida card and Intel i7 hope some helps thanks.

• 1. Re: laptop hardware help
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Sager / Clevo is about the only brand to look at for decent performance, but then $ 3,000 is around the bottom. If $ 2,000 is your limit, do a search for Toshiba Qosmio X500, but realize that they are a factor 6 - 10 slower than a desktop that costs around 30% less, so to justify the extra expense and the significantly slower performance, you have to have a real good reason.

Search around here, there have been numerous posts on laptops for editing.

Also have a look at the PPBM5 Benchmark and notice that nearly all laptops, with the exception of Sager, end near the bottom of the list.

is a dual core better than a quad core i7

Core 2 Duo is long past. I don't mean to sound rude, but the question is similar to: Is DOS 3.11 better than Win7?

Also press the Overview tab at the top of the page and read the articles available. It will be interesting.