1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2011 1:14 AM by Mylenium

After effects keeps crashing

friedfish3123846784

I have download Adobe After effects cs5 recently from the Adobe website and i have made a video but the problam starts when i start up AE it will tell me "You have at least one ouput module template that refers to a missing output plug-in. Please check your output module templates" I have looked at the ouput module templates under edit>templates>output moduled templates.(this was the only place i could find it). the last part of the problam is when i try to export a video as a SWF file it will start out normal and then once it gets to "x" number of frams(it differs sometimes) it will crash and give me the error message "After Effects error: crash occured while invoking plug-in Vector Output". then AE will crash and i have to restart it. i am running windows 7 the file formats differ between AVI and Mp4 files if that helps i am sorry if i am not giving enough info i am not very good with computer if any more info is need please tell me and i will try to help but if you could please try to explain clearly because like i said im not very good with stuff like this thanks

• 1. Re: After effects keeps crashing
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

I have looked at the ouput module templates under edit>templates>output moduled templates.(this was the only place i could find it).

Wrong place. The message comes up, if there are active output modules on the Render Queue. Sounds like you opened an existing project from an older version of AE created on a different system.

the file formats differ between AVI and Mp4 files

You cannot use any MPEG derivatives in the trial! Please read this! Furthermore, AE doesn't like or deal with several CoDecs including DivX, Xvid and a few others. The files must be converted in other programs first.

As for the rest - I would assume that the above also explains your crash. Otherwise you need to provide much more info on your project like comp sizes, frame rates and whatnot...

Mylenium