4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2011 8:13 PM by Je654 RSS

Problems with PDF's loading, Error 103

Je654

Hi,

Recently I received a message to update Adobe reader and downloaded and installed the update. I now have problems when trying to open to view PDFs from the Web. When a PDF link is opened the page either appears black or blank and either does not load, an error message appears sometimes with error number 103.

Steps taken to try to fix it have been downloading and installing the update again directly from the Adobe website, and restarting the computer. Also

selecting 'Detect and Repair' in Adobe Acrobat 7.0.1 Pro, although thats probably unrelated.

Disabling and enabling the Shockwave flash plugin and restarting firefox 3.6.13.

OS is Win XP SP3.

Any advise to fix this would be appreciated.

Regs,

Indig9876

• 1. Re: Problems with PDF's loading, Error 103
          Ankit_Jain Adobe Employee

Hi indigo47281,

Could you let me know which version of Reader is currently installed on your system.

Also, can you please try opening any PDF (double click) stored on your local system and let me know what the behavior is. Which application is launched to view the PDF: Is it Adobe Acrobat 7 or Adobe Reader.

Ankit

• 2. Re: Problems with PDF's loading, Error 103
            Je654

Hi,

The version of Reader is v10.0.1. The problem only has occurred when trying to

open a PDF online. Sometimes PDF's take a long time to open, due to size but the

problem occurs when the PDF does not open at all, and the error message 103

appears.

Opening and printing PDF's on the Desktop is alright.

Since posting this issue it appears to be working again, although I had not made

any changes, so I just hope it does not re-occur.

Regs,

Indigo987

• 3. Re: Problems with PDF's loading, Error 103
              Je654

Hi,

Sorry I did not reply fully to your question. When I open a PDF on the Desktop,

it opens in Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.

Regs,

Indigo987

• 4. Re: Problems with PDF's loading, Error 103
                Je654

Hi,

Today it took over 2  hours to open a product manual, and previously I had problems obtaining a pdf product manual for a purchased product. The error message 103 appears. And I have to keep trying for some time.  I don;t know if its the computer its over 10 years old, but do other users not experience this?

Any advise to fix this would be appreciated.

Regs,

indigo7460