1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 12, 2011 2:12 AM by VizFX76

Is this possible?

blackmetalmouth

Hi everyone.

I haven't been on these forums in many years. I used to use Director a lot many years ago. Maybe even 10 years ago! The last version I used was 8.5. I'm now using 11.5. So I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.

I'm working on a project which is focused on a 3D object that consists of many smaller objects. Think of it as a sphere with a segmented shell. I've constructed my object/s in 3D MAX and have been able to export as W3D, and then import that into Director. However before I get too carried away I have a few questions I hope can be answered.

My end goal is to have my 3D object interactive enough to a point where it appears in front of the camera and can be rotated in all directions by the mouse. I also want to have the smaller segmented objects clickable and be able to perform various functions. There is no moving of the objects involved, they should all stick closely together as a group.

So my first question is, will I need to import each segment object into Director and then assemble them? Or can I import my objects as one W3D file into Director and make just certain sections of the objects interactive / clickable?

Thanks in advance!