Looks like for some reason, your registry seems to have been corrupted. Can you please try and checking the properties for the below mentioned registry key:
You can do the same by following the below steps:
1. Open Start menu, and type regedit and hit Enter
2. Goto the registry key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Components
3. Right click on "Components" key and click on "Permissions" option.
4. For the "Administrators" and "SYSTEM" entries, make sure that "Full Control" option is checked.
5. Close the registry panel, and try installing the update again.
Hope this works
Hi, thank you for your answer but i'm sorry to inform you that "full control" is already checked for "Administrators" and "SYSTEM".
My own account is not "full control" (for security reasons i suppose) but i can try to check it (and install adobe reader) just for the test.
Maybe the key I mentioned, wasnt the culprit key. You may have to search for the same by followung the below mentioned steps:
1. Open regedit and search for the letters in the error message i.e. "68AB67CA7DA73301B744AA0000000010"
2. Find the key you were looking for i.e. the key with "Components" in the path.
3. Right Click the key and select permissions, check for the Full Control for Administrators and SYSTEM.
Now click on "Advanced" and select the Owner tab. Select a new owner from the lower box (i.e. your account name) and click apply. Go back to the first screen and select “Add”, “Advanced”, “Find Now” and select the same user account. Back on the first screen click, Full control permission and apply.
4. Try to install Adobe Reader now. Hopefully, It should work now.
Can you find that key (68AB67CA...) anywhere else in the registry? If so, does that location have the appropriate permissions?
Caution: do not make any registry changes uness you have backed up the registry first (or made a System Restore Point)!
Sorry but i can't find the key anywhere.
I also try to add the key and this doesn't change anything. I'm a bit worred if i will succes to install Adobe reader a day.
Apologies for the typo in the key mentioned in the earlier post. The correct key as per the error message is: 68AB67CA7DA76301B744AA0000000010
Can you please try searching for this key and do the necessary steps as above.
Thank you for your answer but I view your error when you give me the first key so i already try with the "68AB67CA7DA76301B744AA0000000010" key. That's why i'm a bit worried.
Can you please check the permissions for the registry key:
Does the Administrators and the SYSTEM group have complete access to the mentioned key. If not grant them the required access.
Now, click on the Advanced button and check the checkbox for "Replace all Child objects permissions with inheritable permissions from this object."
Click OK and close all the dialogs. Try installing Adobe Reader X now.
P.S. As "