3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2011 7:12 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements Wont Open, Create New

Mikee25030

Hello, I've recently got Adobe Premiere Elements 8 with a new desktop (Which came with it). I started editing my video clip with everything being fine until I opened the file I was editing, a few days later and nothing happend, it wouldnt load up. So I started up the main menu for the software and tryed to start a new project, but no luck (It started saying opening and nothing). I need help soon as its for my AS Level work, I've looked at practically every other post on this topic and tryed everything that they say (I've reinstalled this software so many times I am getting sick with it now haha) I would update the software but I cant find a link or access the software to update it from there. I hope its nothing to do with my computer as it is brand new. Its Windows 7, a Dell Inspiron. Many thanks for suggestions on this topic, Mikee

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements Wont Open, Create New
          the_wine_snob Level 9

First, do you get to the GUI (Graphical User Interface), or does the Splash Screen just disappear? If it's at the Splash Screen, when PrE starts to load, there is a little line of text, telling you what is being loaded. Where does it stop?

Now, provided that some element (probably that last element to load) is not messing things up, here are the steps that I would take:

• Update the video driver, from the Dell site, or the nVidia, or ATI, Web site. Get the latest.
          • Update the audio driver, from the Dell site, or the Realtek Web site. Get the latest.
          • Check that you have the latest version of Apple's QT Player. If not, download and install that.
          • Check to see what software, or hardware has been installed, since PrE last worked.
          • Insure that you have the latest Windows updates, even the non-critical ones

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements Wont Open, Create New
            Mikee25030 Level 1

Thank you so much for a quick reply. I did everything you said and one of them worked , I updated the graphics and audio drivers, Quicktime was updated already so wasnt the cause. I cant thank you enough , will update you if the problem occurs again but for the mean time its working, Mikee

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements Wont Open, Create New
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news, and hope that all works well for you and your Projects.

Keep the good reports coming and good luck,

Hunt