First, do you get to the GUI (Graphical User Interface), or does the Splash Screen just disappear? If it's at the Splash Screen, when PrE starts to load, there is a little line of text, telling you what is being loaded. Where does it stop?
Now, provided that some element (probably that last element to load) is not messing things up, here are the steps that I would take:
- Update the video driver, from the Dell site, or the nVidia, or ATI, Web site. Get the latest.
- Update the audio driver, from the Dell site, or the Realtek Web site. Get the latest.
- Check that you have the latest version of Apple's QT Player. If not, download and install that.
- Check to see what software, or hardware has been installed, since PrE last worked.
- Insure that you have the latest Windows updates, even the non-critical ones
Thank you so much for a quick reply. I did everything you said and one of them worked , I updated the graphics and audio drivers, Quicktime was updated already so wasnt the cause. I cant thank you enough , will update you if the problem occurs again but for the mean time its working, Mikee
Great news, and hope that all works well for you and your Projects.
Keep the good reports coming and good luck,