3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2011 7:45 PM by Ned Murphy

Dynamic text

Fleur82

I can't understand how I should do to make a dynamic text field in cs5. I have tried to find a solution in weeks now and there is always the same answer. (Window > Properties), select a text type from the pop‑up menu to specify the type of text field: Dynamic Text.

But the thing is that I can not find where in the properties I can select the type of text field. Where can I find It?? I have my properties panel on the right side and not at the bottom of the page.

Please help me

• 1. Re: Dynamic text
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

First you need to create the textfield, then, if necessary, you go to the Properties panel to change it to be a dynamic textfield.  The textfield/text tool is found with all the other drawing tools... the large T.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Dynamic text
            Fleur82 Level 1

Hi, yes I have created a textfield but I can not find where in the properties panel I can change it to be a dynamic textfield. So I will add an image of my panel so you can see. Maybe I'm blind but I can't see It.

flash.jpg

• 3. Re: Dynamic text
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I believe it would be where you see TLF Text on that drop down.  If that is not selectable, then you probably need to create a different type of textfield.  Unfortunately, I don't have CS5 and don't know what the deal is with the TLF textfields (they're new with CS5).  But I believe if all you want is a dynamic textfield, you may already have it in front of you.  IF that field containing "mytext" is the instance name, then it is an addressable textfield, which is dynamic.

Maybe someone else will come along with better info than I can offer.