2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2011 6:59 AM by the_wine_snob

Norrow images in project

Doug J S

Frankly I'm new to Element.  I have v 8.0 (sat on my floor a while) and just loaded it.  I'm trying to pull in video files that I took with my Canon FS300, but when I do, they appear in what I believe is 4:3 versus the 16:9 and the images are narrow on the screen.  When I open the files with my Canon associated Pixela Video Editing Tool, the images appear i correct proporation in wide screen format, but when I open the same files with Element in a project they're narrow.  Any ideas what to do?

• 1. Re: Norrow images in project
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Your camcorder shoots standard definition video in 16:9.

You need to start a new project an then, for your Settings, you need to select the widescreen Hard Drive Camcorder preset.

You should also bring your video into your project by plugging your camcorder into your computer via USB and then use Premiere Elements' Get Media/From Hard Drive Camcorder to move the video from the camcorder to your computer and into your project.

My Basic Training tutorials at Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com may help.

• 2. Re: Norrow images in project
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Doug,

Welcome to the forum.

Along with Steve's comments and suggestions, you can determine exactly how your Video was shot with either G-SPOT, or MediaInfo, both of which are free, and both are very useful untilities to have around.

With 16:9 footage, there is a flag in the media's header, to tell the program how the Video was shot. Should the program miss that flag, one can force it, with Interpret Footage.

Good luck,

Hunt