2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2007 9:05 AM by

Corrupted Fireworks CS3 PNG file

I was half way through saving my huge PNG (15 pages worth) when the power went out and now I can't even open it (could not open the file, unknown file type).

Is there any way I can fix my it?

I did make a backup copy of it yesterday but I have several hours of work done on it today...

Thanks for any info.

Lisa (desperate)
        • 1. Re: Corrupted Fireworks CS3 file
          Level 7
          Lisa,

I don't know of anyway to recover your lost work this time. Be greatful
          you had a backup from yesterday.

As a consolation, for the future, there is an extension that once
          installed allows you to specify a period of time (hours/ minutes) to
          auto save the file for you.

http://nathanpitman.com/journal/373/whered-those-fireworks-extensions-go

alex

pons2000 wrote:
          > I was half way through saving my huge file (15 pages worth) when the power went
          > out and now I can't even open it (could not open the file, unknown file type).
          >
          > Is there any way I can fix my it?
          >
          > I did make a backup copy of it yesterday but I have several hours of work done
          > on it today...
          >
          > Thanks for any info.
          >
          > Lisa (desperate)
          >
          • 2. Re: Corrupted Fireworks CS3 PNG file
            Thanks for the reply, I am indeed very grateful that I backed up the file yesterday, things could have been much worse.

Thanks for the link, but I'm not keen on using it as 1. I do save my files very regularly - in fact that's what got me into trouble as the power went out in the middle of a save. I'm sure if I hadn't have been saving it I would have still lost the changes I made since that last save but the file would have been alright and 2. it actually takes about 1 minute to save the file, so I can see an auto save messing up my work flow.

I hope I can save someone from my fate by this posting - I'm not suggesting doing a complete system back-up everyday, but if you're working on a project, back up your file at least once a day people!