2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2011 10:09 AM by phosphorspitter

Is this possible with a script?

phosphorspitter Level 1

I have many backgrounds I use for Events. I run actions with the taskmanager or just plain actions.

Many of the backgrounds have saved selections sometimes up to 5 and most of them with different sizes but all done with Fixed Size in inches.

Up to now I I save the pictures to be inserted to lets say 4"x6" or 6"x8" but after inserting I have to resize them to fit which I do with two actions one 15% bigger and one 10% smaller. Of course I could resize for each selection and for each background in the insividual action. This would be fine but I want to run all Backgrounds using the Task Manager and for this I need a script which would analize the size of the saved selection and resize the open picture to the size of the selection.

With other words: the sript should capture the saved selection of the opened document and resize an open picture accordingly or when the pictures is already inserted into the selection resize.

Can this be done?

• 1. Re: Is this possible with a script?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

phosphorspitter wrote:

Up to now I I save the pictures to be inserted to lets say 4"x6" or 6"x8" but after inserting I have to resize them to fit

That is because you have different aspect ratios involved.  If your inserting your images into some opening size the process can be automated using PSD Template files and Photoshop scripts.  The template file will have alpha channels which the script can use as a cropping mask  Your image will be resized to fit the opening and any part the would extend outside the opening would be masked off using the alpha channel as a layer mask.

I have created a package that includes Batch and Interactive Photoshop script and a set of rules to use in making template files.  The Batch mode script completly automate the whole process.  The interactive script also automates the process but  lets you tweak the result. you can transform the image and move it about within the spot or with CS5 link the image smart object with its layer mask and move the whole image placment.

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/PhotoCollageToolkit.html

The opening need not be rectangular even example:

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/911.jpg

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is this possible with a script?
            phosphorspitter Level 1

Thank you very much. I will be very

busy over Valentines Weekend but will gi

ve a try by Tuesday and will report back.

Stay tuned.