2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2006 7:36 PM by reneerohwer

Tables - browser problems

reneerohwer
      I am creating a 6 page website in Dreamweaver MX. I am a novice and used Dreamweaver's tutorial which guided me through creating a website using tables. My site is very simple, only images and text . When I preview in browser, the site looks great in Safari, every link works, all of the images display beautifully. When I preview in Netscape or IE, the homepage looks fine, but every subsequent page loads only the html text that exists on the page the rest of the table is black (background color) and since my navigation is also images, it does not show either. Any ideas what I can do? I don't know html code enough to look at it and recognize problems. FYI, my site is not uploaded yet.

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Tables - browser problems
          Level 7
          Please post the code from a trouble page
          Tell us what folder your images are in

"reneerohwer" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:ebt3vr$e68$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I am creating a 6 page website in Dreamweaver MX. I am a novice and used
          > Dreamweaver's tutorial which guided me through creating a website using
          > tables.
          > My site is very simple, only images and text . When I preview in browser,
          > the
          > site looks great in Safari, every link works, all of the images display
          > beautifully. When I preview in Netscape or IE, the homepage looks fine,
          > but
          > every subsequent page loads only the html text that exists on the page the
          > rest
          > of the table is black (background color) and since my navigation is also
          > images, it does not show either. Any ideas what I can do? I don't know
          > html
          > code enough to look at it and recognize problems. FYI, my site is not
          > uploaded
          > yet.
          >
          > Thanks!
          >

• 2. Re: Tables - browser problems
            reneerohwer Level 1
            I have not uploaded the site yet to the internet - should I copy and paste the code from the site here?