I have 5.0.3 installed. Do I need to re-index if the asset was imported
long after the 5.0.3 update was done? Its a really big problem for us
since we're making 5-10 programs every week and all now needs to have
video moved 3 frames before export so it stays in sync.
>tried DV PAL Widescreen 48kHz and XDCAM EX 1080i50
You don't "try" things... you have your sequence 100% match the footage, or things won't go well
2nd post for NEW ITEM pointer http://forums.adobe.com/thread/770072?tstart=0
> Do I need to re-index if the asset was imported long after the 5.0.3 update was done?
No. If this were the bug that I was thinking of, then only imports done before the update was applied would need to be re-indexed.
John: Ok, lets refrase. Of course I only tried DV PAL with DV PAL source
and XDCAM EX 1080i50 with only XDCAM EX source. I just wanted to show that
its a larger problem thats happening on different sequences...
So has anybody else noticed the same or am I just doing something wrong?
Does somebody have time to test it to see if you get the same result?
Maybe its a PAL only problem, who knows.
I'm having the same freaking problem with my CS5 (Mac OSX 10.6.6.)!!!!! I'm doing animations with separate audio and when converting to MPEG2 there's always that 3 frame delay. The 5.0.3. update didn't help at all and it's all the same in After Effects. This is VERY SERIOUS problem for me because I'm doing TV commercials which uses multiplexed mpeg2.
And yes I use also PAL. But the same problem has appeared when doing custom sized mpeg2's. It has worked before (with CS2) so how come this is such a big problem to solve now?
And I would love to have the solution RIGHT NOW or give me an older version free of charge.
I have made a bug report explaining where it goes wrong but on the
bugreport page it says something like don't expect to get an answer
The problem is the multiplexing, if you export a MPEG2 video with audio
and video separate (no multiplexing) the files are fine. I have now been
using ImagoMPEG-Muxer (PC) to multiplex the files and then they are in perfect
sync. If you multiplex (with CS5) with PCM audio there is also no audio
sync problem. We're running both PC's and Mac's and both have the same
I understand that Adobe is a big company and fixing things takes time but
I have found this problem in forums showing that is was found many months
ago. But maybe nobody has made a bugreport before me...
I have made a bug report explaining where it goes wrong but on the bugreport page it says something like don't expect to get an answer
Filing the Bug Report is the correct step, and one too often overlooked by others. Thank you for filing yours.
As for the response, Adobe takes those Bug Reports very seriously, and will hand them off to a group of engineers in the lab to work on. First, they have to replicate the issue, so the more info that you can provide, the easier it will be for them to replicate the problem. They will then work on a fix, and then implement that in an update, probably along with other fixes.
Unless they need more info, you will very likely not be contacted, as everyone will be busy on that problem, and on others. It is not until the fixes are implemented, that one will know if that Bug was addressed (unless one of the Adobe employees knows the disposition of a particular fix, and drops by with info). Also, depending on where in the process of the next update, the fix is discovered, it might, or might not, make it into THAT update.
Good luck, and glad that you filed the report,