18 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2011 5:10 AM by Colin Brougham

Canon MXF files and Adobe Premiere Pro CS5

harebrainedfilms Level 1

Ok I have searched every where for an answer to this problem but I cant find any answers. I have Master Collection CS5 and have just recently upgraded to a Canon XF 300 camera and a new PC with the following Stats

Windows 7 Pro

Intel i7 950 Quad Core Processor

24GB Corsair DDR 2000mhz Ram

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R

Zotac GeForce GTX 470 Amp Graphics card

Now I'm working on a 2 and a half minute corporate video using footage shot on the XF300 and 5 clips shot on the 7D. the footage looks amazing but thats not the problem the problem is that every time i load up the project now every time i scrub the timeline the pc freezes and the premiere crashes. I can't keep working like this, it also appears that Almost all of my 24gb is taken up.

I have been working on the project today and i have only managed to move 2 shots the rest of the time the PC is frozen or adobe is restarting. This is becoming a major joke now, is this a bug and will it be fixed? as no one can work like this.

I have a short film to start filming in a few weeks and im looking at having almost 200 shots to edit now at the moment I'm editing only 25 shots and adobe cant handle it how the hell am i going to edit almost 200?

Any news or answers will help me out as im at a loss