• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question about Merged Projects.

Jun 25, 2007 Jun 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Sir,

merging many sub projects to the master project is Ok when the compiled sub projects are in the same folder with the compiled master project. but when distributing the master CHM help file to customers by its own, the links to the merged sub projects does not work unless the sub projects chm files are in the same folder with the master projecis.

please if you have got what I mean please clarify this situation.

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do (and it may not be the best way) is to create a comprehensive index as the first topic in every sub project. This index leads to every pertinent section in the sub project. This index is internal and does not reference topics outside the sub project.

I then merge the sub project into the master project.

Next, I create a master index in the master project. This links to the indexes in the sub projects. It should reference the .chm files that have been imported into the master project (i.e. not the .chm file in the original sub project).

When the master project is compiled it puts all .chm files into the output SSL directory for the master project.

If you click on the master .chm file in the output directory you should find you've got a composite help file with working links to the indexes in the sub-projects.

(Watch out for the known RoboHelp bug where - if there are already .chm files in the output SSL directory for the master project - they are not overwritten when you recompile).

All the files in the ouptut master SSL directory are then shipped to the customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think you have got my question although you have answered it in the last sentence of your reply:-
All the files in the ouptut master SSL directory are then shipped to the customer.

I thought merging projects enable us to send customers only the master CHM file.

any ways I have another question regarding merged projects too, When I make a hyperlink to an external topic, I cannot open in a new window or in a pop up window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp