6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2011 1:45 PM by Dave LaRonde

Tracking

AllyPugh Level 1

Hiya.

I'm applying a Motion track to my footage to attach some text onto. But once I go back to my main comp to see the attached text once the track is complete the text has snapped to the position of the track point.

I want the text to stay parallel with the track point but be able to move the text into a different position...help

• 1. Re: Tracking
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The easiest way would be to apply your tracking data to a null then make the null the parent of the text layer. Now you can position your text any where you like and the motion will still track.

• 2. Re: Tracking
            ManndarrPat Level 1

Hi,

this may help you, just make sure that Anchor point of your tracked footage and Anchor Point of text layer is same...........

copy the Anchor Point of values of Tracked Footage and paste those values to the Text Layer's Anchor Point Property......

Happy compositing.........

• 3. Re: Tracking
              Samuel Chrisna Level 1

easy dude.. all you need to do is just select all the position keyframes.

then drag the text to the position that u want. dont click and drag at that text but drag at those dots which showed that text's position.. but make sure ur current time indicator is in one of those selected keyframes..

Screen shot 2011-02-15 at 3.08.56 PM.pngScreen shot 2011-02-15 at 3.07.24 PM.jpg

easy..

• 4. Re: Tracking
                AllyPugh Level 1

Excellent thanks guys.

I like the idea of using the null, this way I can use one track with multiple objects attached.

Thanks a million

• 5. Re: Tracking
                  Samuel Chrisna Level 1

its no matter if u using null object for change the position tracked object. but it will make one new layer for that null. more layer, more complicate.. lol

• 6. Re: Tracking
                    Dave LaRonde Level 6

AllyPugh wrote:

I want the text to stay parallel with the track point but be able to move the text into a different position...help

...and probably the final way to skin this cat in AE: adjust the Anchor Point on the text layer.