3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2011 5:23 PM by Todd_Kopriva

Which: Export AE Render Queue ? PP Export Media ? Media Encoder?

Pharther Phurther Level 1

The output of my PP and AE project ( combined video and animation ) looks terrible when exported or queued in PP or the CS5 Media Encoder.

It renders slow and has shown poor performance in the Mac OS X Activity Monitor.

When output to the AE queue ... the project looks great,, encodes super fast, and 'finally' shows awesome performance in the Activity Monitor.

I spent too much time trying different settings before I tried the AE renderer ... which, by the way, is buried away in the Compostition Menu under Add to Render Queue.

First, It is standard to output as a File command .. so there should be a Export / Save As ... > to the "Render Queue" .. and who cares what a 'render queue' is .. all I want to do is save file "A" in format "B".

So ... basically , my question is / are:

Why does both the PP Export and CS5 Media Encoder produce such bad results?

and / or

What are the correct settings for PP Export and CS5 Media Encoder to produce excellent results matching the AE Render Queue?

Why do you have multiple inconsistent, confusing and dysfunctional Exporting / Saving options?

Seems that the CS5 "Media Encoder" should be junked and replaced with whatever engine is running inside the AE renderer .. and all other Export / Save / Add to Render Queue / and God knows what else you guys call it ...  should be routed to the new Media Encoder.

• 1. Re: Which: Export AE Render Queue ? PP Export Media ? Media Encoder?
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

You can submit a feature request here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

See this page for more on how to give feedback on After Effects.

This page has a breakdown of the rendering and exporting alternatives for After Effects.

• 2. Re: Which: Export AE Render Queue ? PP Export Media ? Media Encoder?
            Pharther Phurther Level 1

Thanks again as always Todd.

I just can't get some of this ... just when I think I'm getting somewhere .. blam.

Why is there a "com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagerCS5" in my trash ( Mac OS X ) every time I turn on the machine?

There are posts here at Adobe and one on Creative Cow Discussions .. but no one at Adobe answers.

"Why?"

I have a huge plugin problem and yet again I will have to reinstall the system software and CS5 to get it to work long enough so I can spend time trying to figure out the vocabulary to explain to you, Apple, and CoreMelt what is going on. It seems to be within Dynamic Link.

Do you have a 12 Core Mac OS X?

Would your tech with a 12 Core Mac running OS X 10.6.6 install CoreMelt Plugin V2 - Lock & Load?

Would your tech explain to whomever needs to figure it out why / what doesn't work .. and fill in the blanks at Adobe?

Would someone explain it to me?

• 3. Re: Which: Export AE Render Queue ? PP Export Media ? Media Encoder?
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> There are posts here at Adobe and one on Creative Cow Discussions .. but no one at Adobe answers.

"Why?"

This is a user-to-user forum. It is a place where users ask and answer questions for one another. Don't mistake my frequent presence here for a guarantee that all questions asked on this forum will get a response from an Adobe employee. Several of us help out here on our free time. The same is true on Creative COW, but with much, much less of an expectation that an Adobe employee is going to respond.

If you want a guaranteed response from an Adobe employee about a technical issue, then you can contact Technical Support:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

If you're having a problem with a third-party plug-in---software that we don't make---then you should ask the people who make that plug-in.

1 person found this helpful