9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2011 2:54 PM by the_wine_snob

Smartsound

hurleyvcr Level 1

How can I reinstall the smartsound tracks that came with PE9.I seem to be missing a couple.

• 1. Re: Smartsound
          nealeh Level 5

Just reinstall the entire program and additional content  from your original disks (or downloaded files).

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Smartsound
            hurleyvcr Level 1

Is it possible to download just the file off the install disc? Its wants to uninstall the whole program to reinstall,which I am afraid I might lose my additional content.Or can I get it through adobe or smartsound websight?

• 3. Re: Smartsound
              nealeh Level 5

That's correct - PRE does not have a 'repair option', you uninstall then reinstall. As you have a disk it sounds like you have the retail package, in which case you will have four DVD's. Pick the two for your platform (PC or MAC). Then, after uninstalling, reinstall from Disk One first, and then Disk Two. This will give you all the additional content.

If for some reason you only have the program disk you can download the Additional Content here: http://www.adobe.com/special/premiereel/downloads/

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Smartsound
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You can also install SmartSound Quicktracks from Smartsound.com.

• 5. Re: Smartsound
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

I think that you have gotten the answers to your exact question. Also, for an overview and more background on SmartSound, see this ARTICLE.

Also, today (Feb 15, 2011) SmartSound is giving away a track, or two, for those signed up on their FaceBook page. Do not recall the details from their e-mail, but I think that all one has to do is click Like on that FB page, and they will have access to the free material.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Smartsound
                    hurleyvcr Level 1

Thanks for the reply's.I think when I said I was afraid of losing my additional content,I meant the addional music content that I have with smartsound and not the content for PE9.If I use the reinstall for PE9,will my added music content stay intact?

• 7. Re: Smartsound
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Your purchased SmartSound Tracks should not be affected in any way.

With SmartSound, you have two places, where the music will be placed. The first will be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SmartSound Inc, and the other will be where you have located the actual music files. Those could be in the same hierarchy, or different. The first is for the Library handlers, encoding, exporters, previews, etc..

I would backup the actual music files, and do so from time to time, just in case. While I have all of my discs, I would not want to have to reinstall all of those, as I also use Sonicfire Pro, and it requires a different install, in many cases.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Smartsound
                        hurleyvcr Level 1

Ok,I took all the advice and everything is back to normal.Like you said Bill,I wanted to make sure I didn't have to reinstall all my audio...still learning

Thanks again everyone.

• 9. Re: Smartsound
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Great news, and thanks for reporting.

I know how you feel. I have about 150 SmartSound discs, and the thought of installing both the QuickTracks and the Sonicfire versions, even on just one machine, would fill me with dread and apprehension.

Good luck,

Hunt