4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2007 1:31 PM by McFazstp

Buddy Menu Question

wgb14 Level 1
      Hi all,

I recently downloaded the Buddy Menu xtra as an alternative to the very expensive starsoft starmenu xtra. However, i find it difficult to figure out how to do the simplest thing of all... change the size of the text in the displayed menu. If you have used this xtra please help me, i really don't want to go and buy the startmenu xtra... my menus are extremely simple to justify this amount of money...

Many thanks
        • 1. Re: Buddy Menu Question
          Level 7
          I'd hardly call 99$ for a sw Xtra expensive. Haven't tested either of the
          mentioned products, but I do know that creating a multi-level context menu
          is much harder than it may seem.
          Furthermore -and mostly speculating here- the number of director developers
          does not allow much room for luxuries of e.g. 20$ xtras. It usually is
          either free, or 100$+.

> my menus are extremely simple to justify
          > this amount of money...
          Perhaps. But is this the only project you'll ever do that will be using
          menus?

"wgb14" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:f5jotj$6p4$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi all,
          >
          > I recently downloaded the Buddy Menu xtra as an alternative to the very
          > expensive starsoft starmenu xtra. However, i find it difficult to figure
          > out
          > how to do the simplest thing of all... change the size of the text in the
          > displayed menu. If you have used this xtra please help me, i really don't
          > want
          > to go and buy the startmenu xtra... my menus are extremely simple to
          > justify
          > this amount of money...
          >
          > Many thanks
          >

• 2. Re: Buddy Menu Question
            wgb14 Level 1
            <<the number of director developers
            does not allow much room for luxuries of e.g. 20$ xtras. It usually is
            either free, or 100$+.>>

Got the message, so I should be happy with this price!

<<Perhaps. But is this the only project you'll ever do that will be using
            menus?>>

I don't know... I am not a developer (unfortunately) but rather a PhD student. I use director only as a research tool (to construct other research tools).
            • 3. Re: Buddy Menu Question
              Level 7
              Well since you can't change the font with Buddy Menu, and you can't spend $
              on an Xtra you are left to coding your own Menu functionality. Of course
              that will likey take some time, but you would have complete control over the
              look and feel.

• 4. Re: Buddy Menu Question
                McFazstp Level 1
                I believe BuddyMenu just uses the system default so short of messing with those I think it's pretty much set.