3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2011 12:38 AM by VikramGaur

I can't instal Adobe Reader

faderfa

I can't instal Adobe Reader, during installation apear an error message saying " No se puede abrir la clave HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Interface\{46B 89F5A-769D-4792-AD9A-E37559-15CBC3}\ProxyStubClsid.

Comprueve que dispone de suficientes derechos de acceso a esa clave o pongase en contacto con el personal de soporte tecnico."

Translation: Can't open the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\Interface\{46B 89F5A-769D-4792-AD9A-E37559-15CBC3}\ProxyStubClsid

Verify that you have the permission to enter in this key or contact with the tecnical support

I already pass various reg cleaners, I try with regassasin, I try to change permissions but I can't solve the problem, I can't delete the key too.

Someone can help me?

• 1. Re: I can't instal Adobe Reader
          VikramGaur Adobe Employee

Hello,

Try to install Adobe Reader with a New User Account (Admin Rights)

Which OS do you have and which language in Adobe Reader you are trying to install

Thanks

Vikram

• 2. Re: I can't instal Adobe Reader
            faderfa Level 1

Hi,

in the previous post I leave out that everything starts with the automatic update.

The update of Adobe Acrobat didn't finalize and leave me a message like before I reported. Then I tried to uninstall AR 9 and the process still finalized with error but now, maybe I could solve the problem...I uninstall the program with Revo uninstaller and download the new release of Adobe Reader 10, that maybe do not use the registry key corrupted like the update of AR 9 did.

So, I still have the problem in the registry probably but I could install Adobe Reader.

I think I can leave the key in the registry without any problem, I hope it doesn't affect any program or application.

Thank you anyway

• 3. Re: I can't instal Adobe Reader
              VikramGaur Adobe Employee

Hello,

Great good to know Adobe Reader 10 is installed finally

Maybe a registry file which got corrupted not letting you installed Adobe Reader 9

Thanks