7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2011 9:12 AM by jojo1327

I am having printing problems, please help

jojo1327

I go on a website to get an application wich is in a pdf format and i try and print it and i get an error saying i have to install a printer before being able to print etc.  my printer is installed , powered on, attached. so I don't know what the issue is, please help, you can also reply to me at [email address deleted by host]

• 1. Re: I am having printing problems, please help
          MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Please give us some information: OS with version number, Reader with version number, printer and printer driver.

• 2. Re: I am having printing problems, please help
            tinmagruk

I'm having the exact same problem....and it all started when I downloaded an Adobe update last night. Until that point I could

print PDF just fine. Everything else prints fine (word, excel, e-mails, etc...) I'm running windows XP professional version 2002 w/ SP 3, and running Adobe Acrobat 9 standard.

• 3. Re: I am having printing problems, please help
              bsquared28

I am having the same printing issue.  "Can't print without installing a printer."  After the latest Adobe updates, two computers (laptop with Vista 32 and desktop running XP) won't print.  I tested the XP prior to the update as the laptop quit working after the update.  I can definitively say it is tied to the update because it printed before the update and did NOT print after the update.  I have reinstalled the printer and followed all of the other threads.  Clearly an update issue.  Please specify fix.

• 4. Re: I am having printing problems, please help
                bsquared28 Level 1

OK.  Here is some additional information for the Adobe experts who can hopefully help all of us having printing problems.  I reported problems with printing PDF files after upgrading on two computers with different OS's (XP and Vista).  After much experimentation, if I open a document with Adobe Reader and try and print, it works.  If I use Adobe Acrobat (part of my CS4 installation), it won't work.  I tested by opening PDF with Illustrator.  It works.  Looks like this issue with "no printer installed" is specific to Adobe Acrobat as part of the Suite.  Lots of money for no printing.  Clearly related to the update.  Could someone with Adobe expertise please respond?  Thanks.

• 5. Re: I am having printing problems, please help
                  jojo1327 Level 1

ok i am running windows vista idk what version number, reader is the newest

one, i think 10 and printer is an hp business inkjet with current drivers, i

think

• 6. Re: I am having printing problems, please help
                    rvolt24

I had the same issue yesterday. We have an HP 8500. Adobe would give that error when the 8500 was the default printer.  When I changed to a different default printer (in Windows) then Adobe would print fine (including to the HP 8500).  I went to the HP website and downloaded the current driver. I uninstalled my HP 8500 printer from my machine.  I ran the HP driver software.  It installed the printer with the latest drivers.  Adobe worked again with the 8500 as default.

My opinion is, the old HP driver and the new Adobe update were incompatible.

• 7. Re: I am having printing problems, please help
                      jojo1327 Level 1

I am even having trouble actually selecting my default printer, vista will

not let me select any printer