3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2011 9:33 AM by SForrest96

Workbench ES2 over HTTPS

Rob_RH Level 1

I can't connect to my LC server using workbench. I get an error saying "The public key  certificate retrieved from server 'servername' is not recognized as  originating from a trusted source.'

Certificate at url https://servername/adminui was exported to file (base 64 encoded) and then added to the keystore in workbench home using the keytool.

Environment variable for Java / JRE Home are set right.

Workbench has been restarted after the certificate was added to the keystore.

• 1. Re: Workbench ES2 over HTTPS
          SForrest96 Level 4

Hello

You need to add the SSL certificate (public key) to the "cacerts" file of the JRE that is used by Workbench.  Here is a sample command line that should work, adjust the path info to match your environment.

keytool -import -file "path to the public key .cer file including .cer file name" -keystore "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2\workbench\jre\lib\security\cacerts" -storepass changeit

Regards

Steve

• 2. Re: Workbench ES2 over HTTPS
            Rob_RH Level 1

Thanks Steve I consulted the preparing your dev environment PDF which stated a similair command line prompt.

The instruction said a restart of Workbench was sufficient. That wasn't the case, but after a reboot of the machine the certificate was accepted an trusted,

Thanks anyway!

• 3. Re: Workbench ES2 over HTTPS
              SForrest96 Level 4

You really should not have to reboot.  When I added a cert to the cacerts file, I only had to restart Workbench for the change to be recognized.

I'm glad you got it working.

Steve