1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 15, 2011 7:45 AM by Colin Brougham

Premiere Pro CS5 Compatibility with Sony DSR-25 Deck

advantagevideo101 Level 1

I have recently upgraded my computer to support cs5.  I have a PNY Nvidia Quadro 2000 graphics card, 8 gb ram, an Intel Xeon 5150 processor and Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.  My issue comes with running this system connected via firewire to a Sony DSR-25 deck.  When connected, while working on a project, at any point I click on the file menu, it takes several seconds (sometimes half a minute) to load the drop-down menu.  This is frustrating, but not entirely detrimental.  The main problem is that when I try to capture video (I use the keyboard shortcut F5 to bypass my previous issue) the capture video will usually crash the program, or it will take forever and when I try to capture, it will miss almost the entire first minute of video trying to catch up.  It starts rolling the tape, but just doesn't physically begin capturing at that time.  I spoke to someone at Adobe and we narrowed the problem down to an issue with the deck, and I am trying to figure out if this deck is absolutely not compatible with this system or if there is some sort of work-around.

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CS5 Compatibility with Sony DSR-25 Deck
          Colin Brougham Level 6

Try this:

In  Windows: Click on  Start -> Control Panel -> System -> Device  Manager (up on top  left), or just click the Start button and search for  "device manager."

Swivel   down the entry for "IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers, and right-click on   the item that is revealed (will depend on your computer/card   manufacturer). Select "Update Driver Software."

Click the "Browse my computer for driver software," and then the "Let me pick from a list" button.

In the list of drivers, select the one that has "(Legacy)" at the end; click Next, and then Close all the dialogs.

Try capturing again.