5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2011 12:54 PM by the_wine_snob

Adding a lower Third

filmschooljefe08!

I have used Premier CS5 at my school before and when I wanted to add a lower 3rd text on my video there were several templates that I could do this with.  However, on my copy of Premier there is nothing in the templates menu.  I was wondering if there was a site that I could download them from or any other way that I could find the templates, maybe in the installation files? 

Thanks,

Jeff

• 1. Re: Adding a lower Third
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Jeff,

It sounds like the Functional Content was not loaded. Now, I do not know for sure, if the educational version (there are actually two, slightly different "educational" versions), ships with and installs the Functional Content. I think that John T. Smith knows all about what is included in each version, and especially the educational versions. Maybe he can instruct, whether something is omitted by the version.

Otherwise, the IT department might have just chosen to not install that material, and I would check with them.

In the meantime, one can recreate Lower Thirds, as they wish, with Titler. Then, you can Save that as a Template (PTRL format), for use in other Projects.

I also create many in PS, but that means that they are PSD files (graphic images), and need to be edited in PS, as Titler will not edit those, but you can still do the background Lower Thirds, and then use Titler to add/change/edit Text (and Shapes, if necessary), as overlays.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Adding a lower Third
            filmschooljefe08! Level 1

The copy I have was not installed by IT, I had it as a trial version and then when I received an activation code i simply updated it to the full version.  Could this have been a reason why they arent showing up?

• 3. Re: Adding a lower Third
              Harm Millaard Level 7

For reliable operation, completely remove the trial and use Clean Script two or three times, rebooting in between runs and then install the full version and update to 5.03.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Adding a lower Third
                Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This link also applies to Premiere:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85388.html

• 5. Re: Adding a lower Third
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

The Adobe KB Article, that Ann linked to, should get your Functional Content.

As there is no trial for Encore, I would guess that with the Functional Content, it is not loaded for either program. Maybe Dennis or Todd can confirm this for sure.

Thanks to Ann for that link.

Good luck,

Hunt