2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2011 8:42 AM by jim50023

rendering versus cyberlink power director 64

Photoquest8458 Level 1

I was very suprised by this.  I used Premier Elements 9, and producer 64.  I assumed by the fact that cyberlink is native 64 bit application, that it would render way faster.

Premier elements rendered TWICE AS FAST.

Now of course i did not cover every situation,  i rendered a short movie ( few minutes long), but PE was twice as fast.

• 1. Re: rendering versus cyberlink power director 64
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Interesting observation. I would have assumed that the 64-bit program would have been faster too. Obviously, there are other differences, but I do not know what they might be.

I have an older PowerDirector (32-bit on a 32-bit OS), so cannot test.

Thanks for sharing,

Hunt

• 2. Re: rendering versus cyberlink power director 64
            jim50023

I have found power director 64 to be about 4 times faster than PE9 for rendering but the burn quality for dvd's in PE9 is much better

Burn quality for BD are about the same When I am going to burn to a Bluray I use PD64 When I am going to a DVD I use PE9. Video that is inported in PE9 will work fine in PD64 but video inported in PD64 will lock up the PC if used in PE9 ( if more than 3 hours long).

Slide shows are far better in PD64 and you dont have to resize photos before the inport.

Just my 2 cents worth