2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2011 6:17 AM by Magnus Allgurén

Export with no compression?

buggabee Level 1

Hi-

I've brought in an avi and wave file into Premiere. I want to export those two together in their currently compressed state (Xivd). How do I do that without having to select a compression codec and end up compressing it again? This is probably simple, but then again, I'm a simple guy :>)

Thanks for the help,

Mark

• 1. Re: Export with no compression?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

You have Imported Xvid (a very highly-compressed, delivery-only format, designed for streaming video), and now want to Export to Xvid, with no additional compression. Is that correct?

Cannot be done with PrPro.

The only uncompressed options that you have will be AVI Uncompressed, but the files will be very large. Next choices would be to use Lagarith Lossless, or UT Lossless, but the resultant files will NOT be in Xvid.

Can you go to before that extreme Xvid compression?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Export with no compression?
            Magnus Allgurén Level 2

I am assuming you're looking to multiplex one straight Xvid file and one straight Wave file, none of them with edits or adjustments?

If that is the case I would use VirtualDub. Open the Xvid file, then choose click the Audio menu button and select Audio from other file. Browse to your wave and select it. Then click you audio button again, select Direct stream copy, click Video menu button and select Direct stream copy. Go to file, save as and enter your desired file name and voila! You have a new Xvid file also containing you audio file, none of them recompressed.

As far as I know, there is no option in Premiere to do this.