2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2011 1:16 AM by vsh07

Correctly done AIP needed for reader 10.0.1

Elemanzer Level 1

I just can't seem to get this.  Couldn't get for 9.4.2 either.

msiexec /a acroread.msi /p adobetier1update.msp

I click next and next and then it's done.

It says 10.0.1 in add remove programs, but the install is still 10.0.0.  The C:\program files\adobe\reader 10.0\reader\acrod32.exe is still 10.0 and not the updated one.

If I install 10.0.0 and then run the update everything is good.  I have also tried

msiexec /a adobereader.msi /update update.msp

Why won't it work?

• 1. Re: Correctly done AIP needed for reader 10.0.1
          lnayal Adobe Employee

For creation of Reader X (10.0.1) AIP you need to have Reader X AIP first. You can follow the below steps to create Reader X 10.0.1 AIP

Steps to create Reader X AIP

=====================

1. Create a source folder containing Reader X installer.(Either locally or on a secure network share)

2. Create a distribution point which is accessible by users who want to deploy the application.(At this distribution point installer will install uncompressed program files).

3. Click Start, Run and type cmd and press enter.

4. Run command => msiexec /a "Source Path to Reader MSI"

5. On the network location dialog (where to install files) browse to distribution point created in step 2

6. click ok

Steps to add patch 10.0.1 to Reader X AIP

===============================

1. Create a source folder containing Reader X patch file.(Either locally or on a secure network share)

2. Click Start, Run and type cmd and press enter.

3. Run command => msiexec /a " full path to the administrative installation point and installer

file that you created in the previous procedure at distribution point" /p "full path to Reader patch file"

4. After completion of applying patch you can install using MSI created newly at distribution point and it will install Reader X 10.0.1

• 2. Re: Correctly done AIP needed for reader 10.0.1
            vsh07 Level 2

It won`t work because you are making AIP in a wrong way .

Please follow exact steps as given by lnayal above and it will solve your problem

Issue with what you are doing:

Its a two step process:

Step 1 Create 10.0.0 AIP in folder B from 10.0.0 installer  you have in folder A.

using command msiexec /a <path of 10.0.0 msi>

Step 2.Patch AIP in Folder B to 10.0.1.

using command msiexec /a <path of 10.0.0 msi> /p <path of 10.0.1 msp>

Use AIP you created in step 2.