For creation of Reader X (10.0.1) AIP you need to have Reader X AIP first. You can follow the below steps to create Reader X 10.0.1 AIP
Steps to create Reader X AIP
1. Create a source folder containing Reader X installer.(Either locally or on a secure network share)
2. Create a distribution point which is accessible by users who want to deploy the application.(At this distribution point installer will install uncompressed program files).
3. Click Start, Run and type cmd and press enter.
4. Run command => msiexec /a "Source Path to Reader MSI"
5. On the network location dialog (where to install files) browse to distribution point created in step 2
6. click ok
Steps to add patch 10.0.1 to Reader X AIP
1. Create a source folder containing Reader X patch file.(Either locally or on a secure network share)
2. Click Start, Run and type cmd and press enter.
3. Run command => msiexec /a " full path to the administrative installation point and installer
file that you created in the previous procedure at distribution point" /p "full path to Reader patch file"
4. After completion of applying patch you can install using MSI created newly at distribution point and it will install Reader X 10.0.1
It won`t work because you are making AIP in a wrong way .
Please follow exact steps as given by lnayal above and it will solve your problem
Issue with what you are doing:
Its a two step process:
Step 1 Create 10.0.0 AIP in folder B from 10.0.0 installer you have in folder A.
using command msiexec /a <path of 10.0.0 msi>
Step 2.Patch AIP in Folder B to 10.0.1.
using command msiexec /a <path of 10.0.0 msi> /p <path of 10.0.1 msp>
Use AIP you created in step 2.