6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2007 10:55 AM by MsInnocent

Brush and eraser tools

MsInnocent
      I have Adobe Fireworks cs3. Since i got it, the brush tool and eraser tool do not work like i think they should. When i try to use either of them, the cursor for the tool is uncontrollable. It is kind of hard to explain, but i will try my best, hope i don't lose you lol. Well while using it, the cursor sort of shakes, it is very unsteady, it also doesn't follow my mouse correctly. For example, if i am coloring in something, i move to the left, then the right....my mouse is now rested at the right side, but the brush's cursor is slowly moving left, then eventually cuts to where my mouse is resting at. This makes it extremely hard to be precise, and do what i want it to do. All the other tools work perfectly, so i don't know if there is an option set that i can change, or what the problem could be. I also have Adobe photoshop cs3 and do not have any problems with the brush or eraser tools. Just on Fireworks. If anyone can offer some help, it would be greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Brush and eraser tools
          Level 7
          MsInnocent wrote:
          > I have Adobe Fireworks cs3. Since i got it, the brush tool and eraser tool do
          > not work like i think they should. When i try to use either of them, the cursor
          > for the tool is uncontrollable. It is kind of hard to explain, but i will try
          > my best, hope i don't lose you lol. Well while using it, the cursor sort of
          > shakes, it is very unsteady, it also doesn't follow my mouse correctly. For
          > example, if i am coloring in something, i move to the left, then the
          > right....my mouse is now rested at the right side, but the brush's cursor is
          > slowly moving left, then eventually cuts to where my mouse is resting at. This
          > makes it extremely hard to be precise, and do what i want it to do. All the
          > other tools work perfectly, so i don't know if there is an option set that i
          > can change, or what the problem could be. I also have Adobe photoshop cs3 and
          > do not have any problems with the brush or eraser tools. Just on Fireworks. If
          > anyone can offer some help, it would be greatly appreciated.
          >
          How large (file size) are the files you are working on in FW?

--
          Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
          Extending Knowledge, Daily
          http://www.communityMX.com/
          CommunityMX - Free Resources:
          http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
          ---
          .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
          news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
          news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
          • 2. Re: Brush and eraser tools
            MsInnocent Level 1
            They range in size, some are larger than others.35.9kb is the current one, but i've worked on sizes from 5.64kb to 98.9kb so far.
            • 3. Re: Brush and eraser tools
              Level 7
              MsInnocent wrote:
              > They range in size, some are larger than others.35.9kb is the current one, but i've worked on sizes from 5.64kb to 98.9kb so far.
              Yikes, you shouldn't be having a problem with files that small. I just
              tried things out with larger files than yo mentioned and am not getting
              this problem. DO you have other apps open at the same time? Are you
              using a mouse or a tablet?

--
              Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
              Extending Knowledge, Daily
              http://www.communityMX.com/
              CommunityMX - Free Resources:
              http://www.communitymx.com/free.cfm
              ---
              .:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
              news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.fireworks
              news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver
              • 4. Re: Brush and eraser tools
                JoeDaSilva Level 4
                Lemme guess you're using Vista right? Turn off the Aero theme and the problem will go away.
                • 5. Re: Brush and eraser tools
                  MsInnocent Level 1
                  I use a mouse, and normally I have quite a few programs open, msn, mirc, firefox, itunes and folders. But photoshop doesn't give me the same problem, and its a new computer, so i don't think the programs being open would affect anything.

Yes I have Vista, but whats a aero theme? And how would i turn it off? And do you know why that theme would affect those two tools?
                  • 6. Re: Brush and eraser tools
                    MsInnocent Level 1
                    Ok I figured out how to turn off the Aero Theme and it works perfectly. Thanks for your help! :)