6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2011 1:18 PM by Charles_MSUBVC

Cannot create 10.0.1 AIP

Charles_MSUBVC

I'm trying to get group policy distribution of 10.0.1 working, and cannot figure out how to build the MSI.

I've read dozens of discussions here and elsewhere on the web with the steps, basically they all boil down to doing this: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/792272?tstart=0

1. MSIEXEC /a to make network distribution from 10.0.0 .msi file.

2. MSIEXEC /a 10.0.0.msi /p 10.0.1.msp file to patch up to 10.0.1

However, the second msiexec always fails witha Windows Installer alert:

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, even uninstalling, removing all the registry entries, then installing 9.3 then 10.0, then trying again. I spent literally four hours yesterday going through the uninstall/reinstall/try to patch cycle and cannot get past this alert.

I have reader X installed (10.0.0), so this should work, right? I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64 as a local admin. I've tried as a domain admin as well.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!