6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2011 8:00 PM by kisanbhat

Flash CS5 Publish Preview not working

kisanbhat Level 1

I am working on Flash CS5 Professional. I have created a simple fla file but not able to Publish->preview the swf file in Google Chrome.

When I click on Publish Preview it opens a new browser window but nothing happens.What am I doing wrong?

• 1. Re: Flash CS5 Publish Preview not working
          somascope Level 3

When you test the movie, FLash shows you the SWF within Flash itself. Can you see it there? As far as viewing in Google Chromse (or any browser), are you publishing an HTML page along with the SWF file? If you can't view it in your browser, check to see which version of Flash Player you have installed (of any at all) in Chrome. Do you see it play in any other browser you might have on your computer?

• 2. Re: Flash CS5 Publish Preview not working
            kisanbhat Level 1

Yes I can see the SWF playing inside flash. I have the lastest version installed on Chrome, IE and FF which is WIN 10,2,154,12. I can see other swf playing.

I just checked again and found out that after couple of reloading of the HTML page displays the swf. BTW I have default Publish Settings.

Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: Flash CS5 Publish Preview not working
              somascope Level 3

Is this issue only when viewing a Flash-create HTML page locally (on your computer)? Can you see other Flash content in your browser when you are online?

• 4. Re: Flash CS5 Publish Preview not working
                kisanbhat Level 1

This issue is only when viewing a Flash-create HTML page locally on my computer. I can view others, when I am online.

• 5. Re: Flash CS5 Publish Preview not working
                  pcsAF

I'm having the same issue. Flash runs fine in Chrome, except for when I choose File->Publish Preview->Default - HTML in Flash CS5. When I try to Publish Preview, Chrome, my default browser, opens a new tab that is blank. Repeatedly pressing Refresh doesn't do anything for me (it still loads a blank page).

I just played with it a bit. I think I've got it figured out.

Flash CS5 loads Chrome with the file address in the address bar, but it doesn't Go. If I copy the address, open a new tab, right-click in the address bar and choose "Paste and go", the Flash file loads. Going back to the original tab (the one opened by Flash when I selected Publish Preview, I pressed Enter in the address bar and the Flash file loaded.

• 6. Re: Flash CS5 Publish Preview not working
                    kisanbhat Level 1

Great. It worked man. Thanks a ton for mailing me a solution.

It worked by pasting the URL in the new Chrome Window.

Is this a bug? I hope someone in Adobe is listening.

I was trying this for several weeks and was so frustrated and then I gave up.

You gave me a perfect solution to my problem.

Thanks again.