3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2011 6:41 AM by kglad

Full screen with password

d56_jones

Hi new here but slowly learning...

I need to automatically make a series of .swf go into full screen mode and only be able to come out via a password.

They are for kids and i need to be able to keep them inside these. i have been on a commercial kids site Zoodles which does this , what code would I have to use? in AS2 using Flash 8 pro...

Many thanks for any help

Dee

• 1. Re: Full screen with password
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

if this is a web-base app, you have some security limitations that will prevent your app from going fullscreen without user interaction and from registering keyboard input.  if you're making a projector app, you have a lot more latitude.

• 2. Re: Full screen with password
            d56_jones Level 1

Hi Thanks for the reply, I probably should have said, it is going to run locally on a PC in my classroom, so it could be a self contained Projector type file. I just dont want to every 5 mins to be re-starting it as little fingers have been fiddling! hence the automatic fullscreen and password to come out etc. Is it possible , any links etc?

Dee

• 3. Re: Full screen with password
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

then there's no problem.  just do the obvious.

for example, to start fullscreen:

Stage.displayState="fullScreen";

and for your password textfield, just add an input textfield and from the behavior dropdown choose password.  add your code to check for the correct password.

1 person found this helpful