8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2011 3:15 PM by the_wine_snob

Issue with PE9 and Nvidia

JMJarrige Level 2

Hello

I have installed PE9 on my Vista PC last january, worked well.

Since 2 days, I have a message 'driver Nvidia Geforce...3DNow...' not compatible, and PE starts

but preview of clips or films is not working.

I first uninstalled then reinstalled PE9, no change unfortunately..

I re-installed QuickTime 7.X.... no more result.

Checked with Vista : driver declared OK (up to date).

Looking on various forums, I found issue could be linked to Nvidia control parameters. I tried to

suppress threaded optimization, without success.

I don't see what has changed in my system to cause this problem.

I don't think it is a graphic card (or driver issue), because I use Vegas software, similar to Premiere, with no

issue. Vegas is generally more robust than PE9, from my little experience, but PE9 was very nice to

use for the weeks it was OK (I use it on my iMac with nice results of course).

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: Issue with PE9 and Nvidia
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Going back some years now, there were at least two nVidia drivers, that turned 3D ON by default. There were two extreme-gamer only modules PhysX and 3D stereo-vision, that had to be turned OFF.

Now, you say that your video driver is up to date. Have you checked at the nVidia site for the Vista version? Do not trust the OS to check your driver, as it will be probably 6 mos. or more, out of date. Go to the source. What is the version/date of your current nVidia driver?

Check your nVidia console to see if PhysX and/or 3D stereo-vision are ON. If so, turn them OFF.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Issue with PE9 and Nvidia
            JMJarrige Level 2

What is nVidia console ? I only have acces to nvidia configuration panel, I don't see 3D stereo vision

or Physx referenced.

The driver nvidia for Geforce 8600 M GS installed is 7 15 11 5665,

I will check tomorrow with Packard Bell site if there is an update for my easy note.

Thanks (from France) for your help. I apologize for my poor english...

JM

• 3. Re: Issue with PE9 and Nvidia
              nealeh Level 5

Access the nvidia control panel by right-clicking your desktop. Personally I have not had problems with the PhysX feature, just 3D. The simplest way to get rid of it is to not install it in the first place - during installation select Custom when you are on the Options screen of the install process. If you have it installed get rid of it by the usual Add/Remove Programs.

Your video driver is ancient. The most recent for your graphics card is 266.58 Verde. Get it from http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Issue with PE9 and Nvidia
                VDOSurfer Level 3

Delete the BadDrivers.txt, and relaunch Premiere Elements 9. I saw this solution from one of the Adobe employees some time back and it had worked for quite a lot of us..

X:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements\9.0\BadDrivers.txt; where X is the drive that has Windows installed and running.

• 5. Re: Issue with PE9 and Nvidia
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

The nVidia Control Console is available as Neale states, or in many installations via the Taskbar - depends on one's choices at the time of installation.

What is the date of your nVidia driver? HERE is the latest nVidia driver for Vista (isn't that the OS that you have?).

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: Issue with PE9 and Nvidia
                    JMJarrige Level 2

Thanks a lot for your message : it works.

I re-installed PE9 this evening for the 3rd time, no success...

Tried to install a new driver, error message from Nvidia Installer...

I went back to the forum, where I saw your message.

Having read your message, I deleted the Bad Drivers TXT, restarted PE9, and previews are now OK.

I don't really know what caused this "bad driver", as a lot of time in complex information systems

it may be difficult to find the original mistake.

The important is the solution to be able to work !

Merci beaucoup.

JM Jarrige, Clermont-Ferrand, France

• 7. Re: Issue with PE9 and Nvidia
                      JMJarrige Level 2

Thanks too to Neale and Bill, for your help. I know a bit more about Nvidia and drivers now.

We don't have technical forums of this level in France, your input are always very

useful.

Best regards.

• 8. Re: Issue with PE9 and Nvidia
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

You are correct - having things work is all important.

Happy editing!

Hunt