3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 11:19 AM by Bear Travis

help with a code error please

swebwoo

hi I am new to this Forum and to Flash Catalyst, i have made a working flash catalyst project before but never encountered any issues, until i began building a website for a friend, it gave me a code error which is something to do with the four buttons i wish to use. therefore it wont build the file

any help would be greatly received

the code at fault is as follows

<s:Button skinClass="components.find_us_button" d:userLabel="contact_us_button" x="331" y="0" click="contact_us_button_clickHandler()" buttonMode="true"/>

<s:Button skinClass="components.gallery_button2" d:userLabel="gallery_button" x="220" y="0" click="gallery_button_clickHandler()" buttonMode="true"/>

<s:Button skinClass="components.services_button2" d:userLabel="services_button" x="111" y="0" click="services_button_clickHandler()" buttonMode="true"/>

<s:Button skinClass="components.about_button2" d:userLabel="home_button" x="0" y="1" click="home_button_clickHandler()" buttonMode="true" enabled.homepage="false"/>

kind regards

swebwoo

• 1. Re: help with a code error please
          Bear Travis Adobe Employee

Hello,

If there is a code error, it would be helpful to post the contents of the "Problems" pane. If you're in code view, the problems panel is on the bottom, near where the Timelines panel is in design view.

• 2. Re: help with a code error please
            swebwoo Level 1

thanks

it says

1180: call to a possibly undifined method contact_us_button_clickHandler main.mxml project src flex problem

1180: call to a possibly undifined method gallery_button_clickHandler main.mxml project src flex problem

1180: call to a possibly undifined method services_button_clickHandler main.mxml project src flex problem

• 3. Re: help with a code error please
              Bear Travis Adobe Employee

Hi there,

The problem is that your interactions are in a bad state. If you can open your project, you may be able to remove the interactions from the contact_us, gallery, and services buttons. If not, you will need to bring your project into Builder and remove the lines

click="contact_us_button_clickHandler()"

click="gallery_button_clickHandler()"

click="services_button_clickHandler()"

Alternatively, if you post your project, someone on the forums may be nice enough to fix it up for you.

-Bear