1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2011 12:25 PM by pixlor

image loading ?

violet99

Sorry in advance if this is a lame newbie question....

I made a website in fireworks and the slices load all broken and not at the same time.

It's driving me crazy. How do I fix this? You can see it for yourself at www.centuryelevator.com

I was searching around earlier and saw something about an ajax loader?

Do you recommend using one of these to stall for time as this stuff loads?

TIA

• 1. Re: image loading ?
          pixlor Level 4

Okay...

You need to understand HTML and also CSS. Sorry, but you just do. Fireworks is a really great layout/design and graphics program, but you can't let any program automatically build Web pages for you.

For a table-based design, you don't need the spacer images at the top and right side of your table. Your text should be text, not an image, because there no text here for a search engine to read and index. This page won't show up in any search engines. There was no need to slice up the image of the bridge at all; doing so makes the page slightly bulkier and definitely causes it to load in this funky broken way.

Try this tutorial, as it's a much better way to build your site:

http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/html-css-techniques/design-and-code-your-first-website-i n-easy-to-understand-steps/