4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 7:28 AM by eloymadrid

Problem with ADE for approval of an eBook

eloymadrid

I purchased an eBook (the 7th ARCHOS eReader) and on my PC I downloaded the Adobe Digital Editions (ADE): When I connect my eReader in the Pc via USB, the ADE recognizes me and asks me to authorize it, but when I try to activate Digital eReader editons the authorization server is waiting and I have no progress. How I can fix that I authorize ADE ARCHOS eReader I just bought? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Problem with ADE for approval of an eBook
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

This is a little fuzzy to me, but I think you may not have authorized ADE

correctly, by signing up with Adobe and getting a valid user ID and

password.  You need to do that before ADE will work properly.  Your symptoms

match this situation.

============

• 2. Re: Problem with ADE for approval of an eBook
            eloymadrid Level 1

I if I registered in ADE and I have a valid ID and password, then this ID

authorized my computer and I could buy a book: The problem is that ADE, with

the same ID and password, do not connect to the server and I autorizael

eReader that I purchased for the library have in it. Eredar ADE recognizes

me, but your server does not progress and remains standing, so that I can

not consent to this new team (the 7th ARCHOS eReader).

2011/2/18 Frustrated in AZ <forums@adobe.com>

This is a little fuzzy to me, but I think you may not have authorized ADE

correctly, by signing up with Adobe and getting a valid user ID and

password.  You need to do that before ADE will work properly.  Your

symptoms

match this situation.

>

============

>

• 3. Re: Problem with ADE for approval of an eBook
              Frustrated in AZ Level 4

OK.  This is a different problem than I thought it was.  Thanks for the

clarification.

If the server 'locks up', which is what I think you said below, then it's

not a problem with ADE or ARCHOS.  The problem might be in your browser's

settings, the connection to the server, or with the ebook that the server is

trying to download.

If this happens with every ebook you're trying to download, then I think you

might have a browser setting that needs to be changed.  You haven't told us

whether you're using a PC or MAC or some other device, and that makes a big

difference in how we might be able to help you.

==========

• 4. Re: Problem with ADE for approval of an eBook
                eloymadrid Level 1

OK. The Pc that gave me the problem is Windows 7. I've solved the problem

because I installed on another computer (PC with XP OS) the ADE and the book I

bought to read, then I connected the PC and eReader to me ADE has

recognized and

authorized. So maybe the problem was one antivirus application that kept me

open a file. Fixed issue I can read my book.

Thanks for your answer and best regards.

2011/2/18 Frustrated in AZ <forums@adobe.com>

OK.  This is a different problem than I thought it was.  Thanks for the

clarification.

>

If the server 'locks up', which is what I think you said below, then it's

not a problem with ADE or ARCHOS.  The problem might be in your browser's

settings, the connection to the server, or with the ebook that the server

is

trying to download.

>

If this happens with every ebook you're trying to download, then I think

you

might have a browser setting that needs to be changed.  You haven't told us

whether you're using a PC or MAC or some other device, and that makes a big

difference in how we might be able to help you.

>

==========

>