1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 17, 2011 2:02 PM by mrparkave

Can print .pdf on all computers except one...

mrparkave

Hi, I looked through here for an answer before posting my question and didn't really find an answer and Adobe charges $39 for support so I am taking this low cost alternative.  Here's my situation.  I was trying to print out a copy of my W-2 for to start my taxes and I was on Google Chrome, right clicked and the page crashed.  Went to IE8, Firefox, Opera and got the same thing.  I got a print preview that has a blank grey screen in the preview section.  I tried to print and a progress bar completed but the Epson Printer Dialog box didn't pop up and give it's respective status bar as it usually does.  This is funny because I went to another computer that I own and the document printed out fine.  This just started happening because I used to could print from this computer that I am typing this question on.  I updated to Reader X and still the same result.  I also went to saved .pdf files and the same thing.  I turned off the firewall and still the same result.  Can anyone out there identify with this problem and perhaps help me out?  I mean I could have both computers in this room but that is inconvenient and make all of my .pdf files obsolete if I can't print them out.  Thanks in advance for your help.

MC

• 1. Re: Can print .pdf on all computers except one...
          mrparkave Level 1

Oh yes, the OS I am running is Windows XP Media Edition.  It started when I tried to do this in Reader 9, didn't work so I upgraded to X still didn't work.  Restarted computer didn't work, however didn't uninstall then reinstall.  I also have a wireless printer that I have to turn off the firewall to print other documents for some reason, but .pdf files won't print whether or not firewall is on.  If no help from forum I may be forced to spend the $39 support fee because all of my tax files are on this computer...

MC