13 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2007 6:08 PM by Srta._Pinta

Misssing themes?

groov-eva
      I've logged in, I still see my themes on the list under my name but I do not see my themes in MyKuler. ? Any way to get my themes back so I can edit them from my login panel?
        • 1. Re: Misssing themes?
          Sami@Adobe Adobe Employee
          Hmm... that is odd. Send me a private message with your kuler user name and we'll investigate. Can you clarify what "list" you are seeing your themes under--when you do a search? Or you see names but no colors?
          Sami
          • 2. Re: Misssing themes?
            MarianneValentine Level 1
            I thought I might add to this thread instead of starting a new post -
            I noticed that if I add to the tags for a theme, then "save" instead of "publish", my themes disappear - but if I go back and "publish" them, they reappear at an appropriate point in the "newest" theme list. Seems like a little bug, but easily surmountable. :)

Hope that makes sense. I'm mjstone323 on the kuler theme site.
            • 3. Re: Misssing themes?
              Srta._Pinta Level 1
              I noticed that too Marianne, doesn't seem like a bug to me.

What it does is publish your theme at the original saved date and time.

If you want it to appear as new and more recent on the list, you need to do it over (just copy over the HEX #'s and create a new one deleting the other one;)).
              • 4. Re: Misssing themes?
                ahhhh! Interesting :) I'll have to try that sometime..

Well... I don't mind it appearing at the original date and time... I just thought it was strange that it completely disappeared if I added a new tag. Seems like it should just stay put with the old tag set until I upload the new one - but that's just my preference. No biggie :)
                • 5. Misssing themes?
                  Srta._Pinta Level 1
                  It completely disappears huh?

That is strange. I added some tags yesterday and they were still there in their original position.

Did you try looking down the "Newest" rows? Through all the pages I mean...

You know sometimes *I think* I publish a theme after I edit it... and it turns out I only saved it. lol
                  • 6. Misssing themes?
                    I did try looking down the "newest" rows... I'll have to pay more attention to exactly what I'm doing when I add a tag, see if I'm missing a step.
                    I'm pretty sure I've already published the swatch when this happens. In fact, I tried hitting "publish" and then adding a tag, saving it, then checking for it in "newest" - nada. When I publish it again, it shows up. Maybe it's just me.
                    • 7. Re: Misssing themes?
                      Srta._Pinta Level 1
                      That is strange...
                      • 8. Misssing themes?
                        Tim Strickland Level 1
                        Marianne,

If you save a theme instead of publish, it will only appear in your "Mykuler" listing - it will not appear in the "Newest" listing. Only published themes will appear in the "Newest" theme listing. When you simply save a theme, it is flagged as private.

Additionally, themes appearing in the Newest list are ordered by the created date, while themes appearing in the "Mykuler" listing are ordered by the date last edited. I realize this is a bit of a discrepancy. How would you, the kuler users, prefer to have themes sorted in Newest & Mykuler - by date edited or date created?

Tim Strickland
                        lead kuler geek
                        • 9. Re: Misssing themes?
                          lapietra Level 1
                          If I only update the tags, I'd like to have it ordered by the date created; however, if I update the color, I'd like to have it ordered by the date edited - because it's actually different at that point.
                          However - there's no way to discern which of these changes has taken place when you click "publish"... I guess if there's no way to make that happen, I'd rather have it ordered by the date created.
                          • 10. Re: Misssing themes?
                            Srta._Pinta Level 1
                            Hi Tim.

I like keeping the original date saved (not always the published date) no matter how many changes have been made.

Unfortunately, I have witnessed some users "borrowing" others creations (including mine).

The original date saved helps it show that you created that color first. In my opinion it is only fair to the user.

Thanks.
                            • 11. Re: Misssing themes?
                              Srta. Pinta said:
                              "The original date saved helps it show that you created that color first. In my opinion it is only fair to the user."

very good point. Hadn't thought of that!
                              • 12. Re: Misssing themes?
                                Tim Strickland Level 1
                                Just to clarify - both created at & edited at dates are saved in our database for each theme. Its only a matter of how we wish to sort the themes in the Mykuler and Newest theme listings. I think how it is organized currently works relatively well - Mykuler sorted by edited date and Newest by created date. The logic behind keeping Mykuler sorted by date edited is that the theme creator can easily see which theme he/she last worked on when returning to the site.
                                • 13. Misssing themes?
                                  Srta._Pinta Level 1
                                  The logic behind keeping Mykuler sorted by date edited is that the theme creator can easily see which theme he/she last worked on when returning to the site.

Yeah I noticed it jumps back to the top. As long as you guys have the original date created I foresee no issues for me really Tim.

Thanks!