1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 2:02 AM by Mylenium

My RAM is not fully in RAM Preview

victormar85

Hi!

I have a problem with RAM Preview and rendering in AE cs5...when i finish a composition i click on RAM Preview and in task manager my CPU is going on 100% and my RAM is load just 1,8 Gb from the total of 4Gb...I looked over the Motherboard specs to see the RAM compatibility and is nothing wrong....my pc sistem is Athlon II x2 250, MotherBoard: Gigabyte MA770T-UD3, RAM: 4Gb Elixir DUal C, HDD: Seagate 500Gb 7200 RPM, Graphic Card: MSI Nvidia GT 240 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64x. Is there a solution to unlock my RAM from AECS5 or WIndows?

• 1. Re: My RAM is not fully in RAM Preview
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Windows 7 Ultimate 64x

Ah, and where do you think that one runs along with tons of drivers, services and other tools? You never have full 4GB to begin with. Similarly, when AE loads, all its program components cann occupy another not so minor part of your RAM. None of that RAM is accessible to be used to cram footage in it once it is occupied, so what you see is perfectly normal. You need considerably more RAM to exploitz the benefits of 64bit applications. that's the only real and hard truth here. 4GB is really just the bare minimum.

Mylenium