Exit

Flash Builder 4 Theme Switcher

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

this problem became very painful for me:

As you know Adobe added a new theme called Spark in Flash Builder 4, but it looks really ugly for me. The problem is that i can't switch current theme to Halo!

What i've tried:

1. Change theme settings in project properties. No effect - all new buttons and other controls had this theme
  2. Use compiler settings: -theme=${flexlib}/themes/Halo/halo.swc - no effect also, the same story as above

Then i've noticed that there are 2 namespaces in my MXML file:

• xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
  • xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx"

When i switched button declaration from < s:Button> to < mx:Button> then my button began to look much better, but i can't switch all such declarations manually and i suppose that such trick will not work with Application tag to apply such style on application level.

So, my big questions: How to make Flash Builder 4 to use the same theme as in Flex Builder 3 (maybe not exactly the same, but it should looks like Halo theme)? How to apply it to all new controls? Are there any tricks that i missed? What is the main idea of theme settings dialog if it doesn't work? What

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2011 Aug 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Up! Still cant fix this problem!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines