6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 8:00 AM by Mylenium

Sluggish performance & Weird file in trash

radicalgel

Hi,

This is my first post here and I am having some trouble with adobe after effects cs5 (10.0.1.19). I have a MacBook Pro 15" i7 2.66 4GB DDR3 RAM. Every time I use AE CS5 and restart my mac I have this folder called recovered files in my trash which contains a file called 'com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagercs5'. I have no clue why this is happening and I am unable to prevent this. I just want to know if it's an issue or not?

Other than this AE is also rather sluggish and I often get the multi-coloured spinning wheel freezes even when working with relatively light compositions. These freezes often happen when I RAM preview, scrub (Audio+Video) or add text animations.

I hope someone here can help me resolve these issues as my MacBook Pro specs are pretty high and AE should run considerably smoother than it is now.

• 1. Re: Sluggish performance & Weird file in trash
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant
          'com.adobe.dynamiclinkmanagercs5'. I have no clue why this is happening and I am unable to prevent this.

The service doesn't terminate correctly when you exit the program and thus crashes. The rest is too vague to make sense of it, but sounds like you either have MP enabled against good sense with only 4GB RAM, something is wrong with the graphics, you are using footages that Quicktime is having a hard time decoding due to flakey CoDecs or you are using Spaces or anotehr OS gimmick that interferes. Take a pick. In any case, without more info and possibly excerpts from your system logs/ crash logs there is no way to determine anything specific.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Sluggish performance & Weird file in trash
            radicalgel Level 1

Thanks for the prompt reply!

something is wrong with the graphics, you are using footages that Quicktime is having a hard time decoding due to flakey CoDecs

I was doing some more testing and realized that all I had to do was open AE and close it after which a logoff and logon or restart would put the dynamiclinkmanagercs5 in the trash, which rules out the text quoted above.

you are using Spaces or anotehr OS gimmick that interferes

secondly, I do not use spaces and it is disabled in system prefs

you either have MP enabled against good sense with only 4GB RAM

and finally if by MP you mean Multiprocessing, even that is disabled within AE prefs.

without more info and possibly excerpts from your system logs/ crash logs there is no way to determine anything specific.

Could you please tell me how I can access or create a system/crash log so that I can post it here?

• 3. Re: Sluggish performance & Weird file in trash

All logs are accessible via your log viewer utility in your Applications:Utilities folder. If it crashes when just starting and closing the program, it would seem that some external influence is terminating the service prematurely or it crashes "quietly", possibly due to some incompatibility with a Quicktime component or something like that...

Mylenium

• 4. Re: Sluggish performance & Weird file in trash
                radicalgel Level 1

I would very grateful if you could tell me which logs you would like me to post and exactly where I can find them.  Also, just to clarify, AE doesn't crash, it's very usable but a little sluggish IMHO and I cant understand why the dynamiclinkmanagercs5 is constantly being put in the trash.

• 5. Re: Sluggish performance & Weird file in trash
                  radicalgel Level 1

New Update!

When I launch AE now my macbook pro's desktop wallpaper disappears and is replaced with a solid blue wallpaper. Also there is some weird screen flicker that happen before AE fully loads up. Something is seriously messed up!

• 6. Re: Sluggish performance & Weird file in trash

I would think so. Sounds like you need to reinstall the whole OS or your graphics hardware is defective...

Mylenium