4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 8:57 AM by AllyPugh

Pause

AllyPugh Level 1

I have made an animation that is precomped. When I get to the end of the movement the camera stops on a crystal ball.

I want a crystal ball I've made, which is animating, to keep animating at the end of the movie.

Is there a way to pause at that point and just play whats animating for a couple of seconds?

• 1. Re: Pause
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

If the animation exists independently from the cam, there should be nothing more required than to extend it so it continues once the camera has come to a halt. Likewise, the camera would then only need an additional keyframe. It's really not clear what you are looking for or if there is anything specific in the project's structure that would prevent this....

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Pause
            AllyPugh Level 1

The camera movement has finished at a certain point, at this point I want the composition containing the animating sphere/crystal ball to keep playing for longer than it already does (I need to make more of the end of the composition, I'm not sure how to do this).

• 3. Re: Pause
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The length of the composition is set using composition settings. Go to the menu bar and select Composition>Composition Settings.

You may also need to lengthen the layers. You can do this by clicking and dragging or by using the keyboard shortcut Alt/Option ].  If the footage is video and you have not trimmed the out point then other techniques will have to be used.

If this does not solve your problem I don't understand your question.

• 4. Re: Pause
                AllyPugh Level 1

Thanks for your help guys!