3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 9:15 AM by Ned Murphy

I need some serioous help.

kouen kage

Hi my name is James,

Im trying to make an interactive map. I have 32 cities in a metro area, and i want to have it bring up a message when you roll over it saying "this is the city click for more information". I also want to have it so when click it itll take you to a url for the web page that has the information.

But i cant figure out the how to make the buttons to work correctly or how to get the message to show up or how to get the url working. I've got the buttons down and i have the code down to click and go to url but it not working and i cant figure out how to get the message to show up only when you have the mouse over it.

Any Help Would Be Great.

Thank You In Advance,

James

• 1. Re: I need some serioous help.
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Show the code you have that is not working.  As far as the message goes, if you are using button symbols you could place the message in the over frame for each button--that way it will appear when you hover without the need for any coding.  Alternatively, you could have a movieclip that is triggered to appear (_visible = true) when you rollover a button for which the button code assigns the message for the movieclip to display

• 2. Re: I need some serioous help.
            kouen kage Level 1

city1_btn

on (release)

{

getURL(http:www.somewebsite.com/city1""_blank");

also i have a huge map and i cant make it fit the whole screen so is there a command thatll make it so they can scroll over a border and itll move the screen in the direction the cursor is in?

• 3. Re: I need some serioous help.
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If that code is attached to the button, and is not on the timeline, that should be (adding 1 quotation mark and a comma)...

on (release)

{

getURL("http:www.somewebsite.com/city1","_blank");

}

If the code is on the timeline (the better approach) then that code will not work.

As for your other question, start a new posting.  You can't move the screen... you have to move the map.