0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 11:08 AM by criswellj

    Imported AsianText Captions displaying as boxes with x's

    criswellj

      Hello,

      I have installed the correct language packs, in fact all available language packs, for my OS.  We had our exported captions translated into Korean.  The returned word Caption document imports successfully in terms of processng but the translated characters appear as black boxes with an 'x' in the middle.  Or shall I say, that 90% appear as black boxes; the remaining 10% import cleanly even in the same caption.

      I have tried changing the selected font on the captions to a number of ones, like Adobe Fan Heiti Std or Arial Unicode MS, but not all characters appear correctly, I still get black boxes with an x on several characters.

      Has anyone worked with Asian pack languages in Captivate 5 and Word 2007 that can offer advice?