5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 3:19 PM by cvid01

Go to sequence?

cvid01 Level 4

Is there any keyboard shortcut to go from one sequence to another in the timeline? For example, if one maximizes the project monitor, and wishes to see another sequence, is there any shortcut that enables that? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Go to sequence?
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> For example, if one maximizes the project monitor, and wishes to see another sequence, is there any shortcut that enables that?

In the Project panel, the up and down arrow keys go to the previous and next items (such as sequences) listed in the panel.

Is that what you meant?

• 2. Re: Go to sequence?
            Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you hover your mouse over the name of a sequence in the timeline and you scroll the mousewheel you will go from one sequence to the next.

• 3. Re: Go to sequence?
              cvid01 Level 4

No. What I wanted is to be able to go to a sequence on the timeline wiithout having to use the mouse, For example, if I expand the Project Monitor, by pressing the tilde key, and then play, I get the current sequence. I wanted to use a key shortcut rather than the mouse to see the next sequence.

But I did figure it out. I just have to press the keys used to highlight the particular panel again. For example, if I expand the Project Monitor and play the currently chosen sequence, I can agin press "Shift + 4" to see the next sequence in the timeline. If I am in the timeline, then I can repeatedly press "Shift+3" to see the next sequence in the timeline panel. Of course I can use the mouse to choose the sequence from the drop down list, but a keystroke combination is just more convenient for me.

Thanks for the response. I just kept trying differnt keystrokes and got what I wanted. I hope I made myself clearer this time.

Small issue solved.

• 4. Re: Go to sequence?
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Ah.

You keep saying "Project monitor", but you are referring to the Program Monitor. That's why I answered about the Project panel.

Ann's suggestion about using the scroll wheel in Program Monitor panel tab menu is a good one.

• 5. Re: Go to sequence?
                  cvid01 Level 4

Sorry about the confusion. You're right - I meant Program Monitor. I know about the scroll wheel, but I thought there might a keyboard shortcut, which I ultimately found. More for a small convenience. Thanks to all.