1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2007 7:57 PM by James Newton, ACP

Obtaining the HTML height and width of the movie

This should be straight forward, and I'm baffled as to why there is no lingo function to get the information from the HTML params.

I'm looking to get the HEIGHT and WIDTH of the movie (plugin) that is coded in via the HTML. This is NOT the stage size.
      Why this is important...

The viewable area of the movie is controlled by the HEIGHT and WIDTH entered in the HTML code.

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:166B1BCA-3F9C-11CF-8075-444553540000";
      CODEBASE=" http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/
      WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="240">

I'd like to be able to get that WIDTH and HEIGHT information for my movie to check to make sure the user is correctly publishing the .dcr as intended.

What this means and Why this is important.?
      If you enter in a smaller size, it will simply crop your movie. So let's say you put your banner or copyright notice at the bottom of the movie, it will simply get cropped out and not show up. To prevent this, you want to check to make sure they are displaying the full height of the movie as intended.

I've already tried to using this code:

sr = the activeWindow.sourceRect
      cr = the activeWindow.rect
      mW = cr.width
      mH = cr.height
      sw = sr.width
      sH = sr.height

and it does not work. That is not related to the HTML WIDTH and HEIGHT of the plugin. :-(

For those who are working on Director 11 (Director 2007), Please add the HEIGHT and WIDTH to the list of externalparamvalue function.

You can obtain the "src" and you can obtain the "bgcolor" - i dont see why the width and height can't be obtained.

I've searched all over the web and the forum... I have yet to find a solution. Thanks in advance to anybody who can offer a solution.