4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2011 12:23 AM by somascope

setting stage to 12,00 pixels?

judyintaos

I need to cretae a flash banner for a footbal marquee that is over 12,000 pixels wide.

how do I make the stage that big? when I try it says I can only make the stage 8,000 pixels wide

thakns

Judy

• 1. Re: setting stage to 12,00 pixels?
          Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

While I doubt you can even get an 8000 px wide stage, why would you want the stage that big to begin with?  The average monitor isn't sized to display anything near that wide.  Maybe you are referring to image size?  The following link might help explain what you're up against...

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/496/cpsid_49662.html

If the intention is to have an image that is 12000 pixels wide, then you will need to break it down into at least two pieces and then join them side by side inside a symbol.

A marquee is typically understood to be a side-scrolling presentation, so it would be normal to have a small stage (limited viewable area) and a wide image that moves across it in marquee style.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: setting stage to 12,00 pixels?
            judyintaos Level 1

well I need the stage to be 12,000 pixels because this is for a marquee at a football stadium. If I set the stage to be smaller, then it wont fill up the marquee

• 3. Re: setting stage to 12,00 pixels?
              Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Maybe you should check with the football stadium marquee folks to see what media they use for filling it up.  As far as Flash goes, the limits are the limits.  MAybe you need to create this all as separate swf files and join them together in the marquee, just like you could do in a web poage if you needed to.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: setting stage to 12,00 pixels?
                somascope

If the stadiums LCD display actually shows 12,000 pixels, then the dilemma of "how do we create such a large animation" should be a question they are used to field (but that's an assumption ;-). Flash SWF files scale very easily and you could create something at a fraction of the size (1/10th), and see if it can be strecth (like in HTML pages).

Like Kglad says, checking with the stadium is going to give you the best "tech spec" answers.