3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2011 6:26 AM by Steve Grisetti

DVD created by Premiere Elements 8 doesn't play on Sony RDR-GX350

towienet

I take movies using a Panaso

nic Lumix FZ100 camera and process the c

lips using Premiere Elements 8. I then use Share to Disc t

o create a DVD.

The results are very good but the DVD will no

t play on a Sony RDR-GX350, although it plays correctly on all the other players I have tried. Is there a known problem with Premiere and the RDR-GX350 or am I just doing something wrong?

• 1. Re: DVD created by Premiere Elements 8 doesn't play on Sony RDR-GX350
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Sonys and Pioneer DVD players are unfortunately notorious for not being able to play a lot of home-burned discs.

You can increase the odds, though, by using a good quality disc brand (Verbatim or Maxell -- NEVER Memorex). And, rather than burning directly to a disc, use Premiere Elements to burn to a folder on your hard drive and then use the free utility ImageBrn to burn the VIDEO-TS folder to your disc.

ImageBrn will check the full integrity of your disc after it burns, ensuring the highest possible quality.

• 2. Re: DVD created by Premiere Elements 8 doesn't play on Sony RDR-GX350
            towienet Level 1

Hi Steve, thanks for the info. I downloaded Imgburn as you suggested and created a hard drive version of the movie using Premiere. However, the resulting file was about 6.9 Gb - if I write directly from Premiere to DVD it gives the option of fitting the movie into the space available. I was therefore unable to copy the hard drive version to DVD using Imgburn. I then used Imgburn to run a verify on the DVDs and found that any DVD burned directly from Premiere verified without errors. However, I had made copies of this original using Corel DVD Copy 6 and when I ran the Imgburn verify on them every one failed with read errors. I then made a copy of the original using Imgburn and it ran correctly on the Sony RDR-GX350. So, Corel DVD Copy is for the skip and I will do all future copies using Imgburn. Many thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: DVD created by Premiere Elements 8 doesn't play on Sony RDR-GX350
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Glad we could help you find a solution, Towie!