>no matter what I seem to do
So people don't make useless suggestions, please post EXACTLY what you have done
Each step, each setting, every program you have used to play the final video
Make sure in Playback Settings that your DV device is selected. Also, if you're using Windows 7, try the following:
- Click Windows Start orb; type "device manager" into the Search box and select Device Manager (or launch Device Manager anyway you like)
- Swivel open the "IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers" item
- Right-click on your listed 1394 controller; select "Update Driver Software"
- Click the "Browse my computer for driver software" button, followed by the "Let me pick from a list" button
- Select the option that has "(Legacy)" at the end of the name; click Next and let the driver be installed
- Close out of dialogs and retry output.
Here's what I have tried:
1. Re-set device to "Legacy"
2. Tried changing MPE to "software".
3. Tried alternate firewire outputs on computer...all outputs ar 400
I know with CS3 I had to go into project general settings and change audio to "external" in order to get output, I have tried changing settings in the "Sequence" menu...no change.